[Kzyxtalk] The comfort eagle of the apocalypse.

Marco McClean memo at mcn.org
Sat Aug 26 19:13:27 PDT 2023

Subject. The comfort eagle of the apocalypse.

Here's the recording of last night's (2023-08-25) seven-plus-hour-long
Memo of the Air: Good Night Radio show on 107.7fm KNYO-LP Fort Bragg
(CA) and KNYO.org:
https://tinyurl.com/KNYO-MOTA-0555

Email /your/ written work on any subject and I'll read it on the very
next Memo of the Air.

THE SHOW: I experimented with peppering the announcement section with
features usually used later on. Then Marmonrella, DogNanny, Ezekiel
(twice). Anne, Mazie, David, the other David, Paul, Fred, Caitlin, Mark,
Dave, Mike, Jason, Eleanor, Bruce, Chuck, Julie, Maureen, Comtesse
DeSpair, Clifford, Louis, Travis, Bronwyn, Kent, Charlie, AJ, Matthew,
and Philip. A skinny poetry section but a positively obese dream journal
section. Break music drawn from the entire fractal landscape of the
Western and Eastern imagination, folk labor disaster ballads to a
bluegrass End Of The World to a guzheng Garden of Allah. At 4am, Captain
Midnight 1939, in which, in a cavern in a volcano, possibly the same
volcano used in /Tom Swift and His Ultrasonic Cycloplane/ and in the
Island of Death episode of /Suspense/, haughty supercilious greedy Nazi
spy Ivan Shark and his Chicago-gangster-accented sidekick Karl are
tricked out of their ill-gotten treasure by the real heir to it, plucky,
growly-flutey, quick-thinking Señorita. (That's her name: Señorita.) And
that's not all.

Besides, at https://MemoOfTheAir.wordpress.com you'll find a fresh batch
of dozens of links to worthwhile items I set aside for you while
gathering the show together, such as:

No thank you, she said. But hop-hop tappity tap tap? No, I mean it, fuck
off, she said. Later at his friend's place: I don't know what I did
wrong. I bought her a kebab. I paid for half the taxi. Should I have
paid for the whole taxi? -Did you walk on the outside of her? -Yes.
-Then I don't know; I'm going to sleep.
https://www.mentalfloss.com/posts/male-bird-unimpressive-mating-dance

Re: the Trump mugshot, which you've no-doubt seen by now and relished.
Google-search "angry child who got caught". It's the exact same
expression on one child after another. /No fair! It wasn't MY fault! I
HATE here! I HATE you!/ And I thought to search that because of having
enjoyed a teevee show from 2009-2011 called Lie To Me. It's about an
agency that hires out to solve crimes and settle disputes by figuring
people out mainly from their body language and micro (and macro)
expressions. Tim Roth plays the main character, Dr. Cal Lightman. An
admirable father-daughter relationship between him and his daughter
Emily, played by two actresses who didn't look at all alike, a
puzzling-at-first gimmick that actually worked. Great show. A tip,
though: In some of the later episodes serious indelible horrorshow
visceral violence results. The instant you start to feel like /uh-oh,
oh-no.../ just skip the rest of that one and go to the next. You don't
have to follow them into the room and see what they see.

And generate photorealistic humans to your specs, for your advertising
or art project or fantasy use, free. (Start with the Create Human
button.) It seems glitchy. That might be that it's being taxed by too
many users right now. It interests me that looking at the people I
experimentally produce makes me feel a little uncomfortable. Twenty-five
years ago there was a program that let you manipulate a vector/faceted
robot face expression with sliders, and, um, when I made it look sad or
smile or do anything I felt uncomfortable in the same way. And around
that time there was a screensaver of a cute catlike cartoon girl in a
bathing suit who'd ski or surf or rollerskate around. For a screensaver,
and for the time, it was an enormous program, like 25MB; it took ages to
download. I started the uninstall, and she rollerskated right up into
the foreground and piteously whined/pleaded/accused, "This will
/uninstall/ me!" Click. There. She's gone forever. (Or off somewhere
else with the other screensavers, telling them what a lousy bastard I
am. They tell her, "You can do better, Kitty-Girl. He was trash." "I
know," she says, "But I miss him. He used to look at me.")
https://generated.photos/human-generator/

Marco McClean, memo at mcn.org
https://MemoOfTheAir.wordpress.com