[Kzyxtalk] Memo of the Air: Good Night Radio tonight!

Marco McClean memo at mcn.org
Fri Oct 20 17:09:49 PDT 2017

Things changed so that I'm away at Juanita's again, and will be for a
third week in a row next week. I had to take a friend the the Santa Rosa
airport yesterday, so I just stayed here. It's all the same to KNYO's
web-accessible transmitter. It doesn't matter where you do your show
from, because this is the future.

...Except: if you want to come in and play your musical instrument(s) on
the radio or talk about your project, or whatever, make that First
Friday in November when I’ll be in Fort Bragg.*

It’s 325 N. Franklin (next to the Tip Top bar). Just meander in any time
after 9pm (Friday, November 3), head for the lighted room at the back
and get my attention away from whatever I’m doing, and that's that.

(If you ever write something you want read aloud on the air, email it to
me and I’ll do my best. The deadline is always around 5:30 or 6pm the
night of the show, so you have a little while to get it together for
tonight. No pressure. I've got plenty of material to stuff the evening
with.) (More locally written things than ever before.)

Memo of the Air: Good Night Radio. Every Friday, 9pm to about 4am on
107.7fm KNYO-LP Fort Bragg, including midnight to 3am 105.1fm KMEC-LP
Ukiah. And also there and anywhere else via http://knyo.org or
http://TuneIn.com

*(Or contact Bob Young bobb at poetworld.net and get your own regular
airtime on KNYO, to do a show entirely of own whimsical devising, and
never need to depend on me at all. Either way, it’s the most fun you can
have with your pants on. They say.

p.s. Biff Rose showed up Monday with a lot more of an entourage than I
expected, but Jerry anticipated everything, tore the radio station apart
and set up in the big front room, so when the guests arrived it was only
a matter of minutes to mic them all and get them on the air. They stayed
and played -country music, folk tunes (two guitars), Biff's experimental
meanderings on the keys that still make sounds on the ancient piano. At
one point he became fascinated by the different /thud/ sounds the bad
keys made and began to bop along with the thudding. The regular Monday
night guy had to be elsewhere, I guess, so Biff and the others stayed
for a couple of hours and played and sang till they were tired. Rather a
chaotic circus. Exactly what local radio is there for and should be
doing more of. Jerry says he'll rerun the recording of all that when he
can slip it in. Possibly this Saturday, I don't know.

—
Marco McClean
memo at mcn.org
http://MemoOfTheAir.wordpress.com