[Kzyxtalk] Memo of the Air: Good Night Radio tonight! And Biff Rose on Monday!

Marco McClean memo at mcn.org
Fri Oct 13 17:45:25 PDT 2017

I'm still at Juanita's place in Cotati. The various agencies' fire maps
all show the nearest fire is still 3 or 4 miles away, so we're ready to
flee with the red pet bird and have been since early Monday morning. The
power's been smooth and good so far, with just a couple of dropouts per
day that didn't even reset my computer. So I'm gonna stay and do my show
from here tonight, by live remote via a laptop on the typing table next
to the bed. I can see your face on my screen as I talk to you, as long
as you don't get too far away from the radio. Leave the light on; I like
to watch your eyebrows go up and down.

So if you want to come in and play your musical instrument(s) on the
radio or talk about your project, or whatever, make that Friday /next/
week when I’ll be in Fort Bragg.* I generally go one Friday here, one
Friday there.

It’s 325 N. Franklin (next to the Tip Top bar). Just meander in any time
after 9pm (Friday, Oct. 20), head for the lighted room at the back and
get my attention away from whatever I’m doing, and that's that.

(If you ever write something you want read aloud on the air, email it to
me and I’ll do my best. The deadline is always around 5:30 or 6pm the
night of the show, so you have like ten minutes to get it together for
tonight. No pressure. I've got plenty of material to stuff the evening
with.)

Memo of the Air: Good Night Radio. Every Friday, 9pm to about 4am on
107.7fm KNYO-LP Fort Bragg, including midnight to 3am 105.1fm KMEC-LP
Ukiah. And also there and anywhere else via http://knyo.org or
http://TuneIn.com

*(Or contact Bob Young and get your own regular airtime on KNYO, to do a
show entirely of own whimsical devising, and never need to depend on me
at all. Either way, it’s safe and fun and the learning curve is all
downhill.)

Right! I almost forgot: Biff Rose is in the area to play at clubs in San
Francisco this Sunday and Tuesday, so he's coming to Fort Bragg with his
drummer son to play an impromptu set live on KNYO on Monday night at
7pm. I first heard Biff Rose on KMFB in 1979 and was entranced. Beyond
entranced-- ensorcelled. That's a recommendation. Just a moment... yeah,
that's right, that's how you spell it: ensorcelled.

—
Marco McClean
memo at mcn.org
http://MemoOfTheAir.wordpress.com