[Kzyxtalk] Next witness: John Sakowicz

sako4 at comcast.net sako4 at comcast.net
Sun Apr 13 12:16:06 PDT 2014

I'll answer anything you want to know for which I know the answer, and that does not violate the Board's few rules on what is confidential, i.e. litigation, personnel issues, etc. That said, I can't cut and paste or otherwise copy emails sent on the Board's listserv. But I can probably summarize what's going on.

in any case, the Board hardly ever uses its listserv anymore. They communicate privately among themselves and with station management. I get the distinct impression I'm left out of the loop, and if I can prove this, I'll amend my FCC complaint to include what is essentially a Brown Act violation, although the station does not adhere to Brown Act rules.

About committee work, I think I'll probably only be serving on one committee, per se -- a capital campaign committee for replace failing equipment.

Last week, the station had dead air for three days due to the STL and exciter units predictably failing for the umpteenth time. Therefore, going forward, I refuse to raise unrestricted money for operations, in other words, money for payroll. I'll work my ass off to raise monies restricted for equipment and technology, but not for payroll. I consider it a major breach of trust that Coate demanded -- and received -- a 10 % raise in 2013, while fully knowing that a rebuilt STL and exciter units would likely fail in 2014.