[Kzyxtalk] KZTX Election Statistics (corrected)

sako4 at comcast.net sako4 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 4 12:18:22 PDT 2014

Liz,

I'm one of those people, Liz, who was not able to vote. A ballot was not mailed to my residence on El Dorado Drive in Ukiah, where I have always received ballots and other mail from KZYX. My wife, Shannon, and I can sign affidavits to the effect I didn't receive a ballot. With our two sons in college, Shannon and I are the only two people who get the mail.

When I complained to the Election Coordinator weeks before before the voting deadline of March 31 that I did not receive a ballot, I was told in the strictest terms that a ballot was mailed to my home address, and that I would not get "another ballot". I have the emails to document this exchange.

At least one other KZYX membe, Peter Reimuller -- he contributed $100 last October -- has contacted me also complaining he did not receive a ballot. His email is found in italics below. When I forwarded Mr. Reimuller's complaint, along with my own complaint for a second time, to the Election Coordinator, I received no response.

I never received a ballot, yet donated $100 last October. I should
think that a donation brings a year's membership. What goes?
Peter Reimuller

So. Liz, where do we go from here?

I hope this can be resolved without much of a fuss. At the last Board meeting, I said I would try to be less contentious. Having our signal down for three days earlier this week, however, has incensed a lot of members and listeners, including myself. Now, we have the problem of the missing ballots. I'm wondering now how many of our approximately 2,300 members did not receive a ballot. This is a serious issue.

I'm copying the Election Coordinator on this email, and also the Chair of the Board of Directors. Finally, Mr. Reimuller is copied on this email. I feel comfortable doing copying them, because kzyxtalk at lists.mcn.org is an open listserv.

Our Chair has been a reasonable person up to this point in time, and she is an attorney; thus, it is my hope is that a satisfactory resolution can be achieved. Part of that resolution, of ourse, would bbe to determine how many members did not receive a ballot. Two members -- Mr. Reimuller and myself -- is too many.

John