[Kzyxtalk] MOTA: Good Night Radio tonight!

Marco McClean memo at mcn.org
Fri Jun 28 15:56:52 PDT 2019

Memo of the Air: Good Night Radio, 9pm to 5am tonight (Friday, June 28)
on 107.7fm KNYO Fort Bragg (and 105.1fm KMEC Ukiah, and via KNYO.org),
live from 325 N. Franklin, next door to the Tip Top bar.

Deadline to email your writing to be read on the air tonight is 6pm or
so. If you're not done by then, send it whenever it's ready and I'll
read it next week. Or call and read it on the air yourself: 962-3022. Or
visit if you're in town. Roll in like a mofo and head for the tragically
retro-chic room at the back. Always hold on to your hoop earrings when
you push through a bead curtain like a mofo, though.

And here are a few not necessarily radio-useful educational tidbits for
while you wait for tonight:

Barnaby Dixon's latest masterpiece hand puppet.
https://theawesomer.com/glowing-puppy-puppet/529793/

A photograph of the right hand of the man who built and tested early
X-ray machines for Thomas Edison, just before they amputated all the
fingers. The left hand had to come entirely off, and then some other
parts off or out depending on topology, but the fingers and hands went
first. "Dally is thought to be the first American to die from the
effects of experimentation with radiation."
https://www.vintag.es/2019/06/the-hand-of-clarence-madison-dally.html

The females are huge, six feet long, and the males are the size of a
walnut. That's the way they like it, so it works out great for them.
https://misscellania.blogspot.com/2019/06/rainbow-blanket-octopus.html

And three caterpillars. It says they're breathing and it looks like
they're breathing, but I dunno. I'd say rather: three caterpillars
waiting patiently.
https://laughingsquid.com/slug-moth-caterpillars-breathing/

--
Marco McClean, memo at mcn.org, https://MemoOfTheAir.wordpress.com