[Kzyxtalk] I'll take romance.

Marco McClean memo at mcn.org
Sat Feb 24 18:28:00 PST 2018

I'll take romance.

/"If you can’t tell what it is, it’s an armless mannequin with a wedding
dress half on, breasts bared, with a nice Mexican woman posing her for me."/

The recording of last night's (2018-02-23) KNYO and KMEC Memo of the
Air: Good Night Radio show is ready to download for free and enjoy at
any time of the day or night, via http://MemoOfTheAir.wordpress.com

It's a pretty good, very long show. The whole eight hours, as they say.
Alex calls about two-and-a-half hours in, having nearly been killed
again by the capricious spirits directing the circumstances of his life
for their own cruel amusement, with a story to tell about his latest
ordeal, this time a shoulder broken in two places. It involves
treacherous ice, a gentle Nordic giant shopkeeper, a video gambling
machine, drugs, a comparison between California's and Arkansas'
emergency rooms, medical expenses, attitudes, accents, a Big Fish, and
also Linda Blair's head spinning around in circles, spewing pea soup,
going /blaaarghh!/

Besides that, as usual also at http://MemoOfTheAir.wordpress.com you'll
find a fresh batch of links to not necessarily radio-useful but
nonetheless worthwhile items I set aside for you while putting the show
together, things where just hearing it wouldn't be enough. Such as:

Dinosaur!
http://www.neatorama.com/2018/02/21/Dinosaur-a-Film-by-Nathan-his-Dad/

Animal behavior.
https://theawesomer.com/biopixel-slow-mo-nature-reel/466810/

That’s entertainment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP5lWeGpdj8

And a simultaneous lunar eclipse and aurora video in as high quality as
your computer can use, where you can grab the screen and shift your view
as it plays. I sent the link to Juanita, in the kitchen, because she has
a phone and I've seen her taking panorama pictures of things and then
turning the phone to explore the picture, and I remember reading about
Google Cardboard, so I thought it might work. Nearly instantly she
shouted from the kitchen, "Marco! Come see this! Come here! /Here, sit
on the chair! Hold this. Now spin around!/" Gasp! Though of course this
tech is old news to a jaded sophisticate like you. /You've/ probably
already been having sex with robots and changing channels on the teevee
with your toothbrush for ages already.
https://theawesomer.com/lunar-eclipse-aurora-360o/467296/

--
Marco McClean