[Kzyxtalk] KZYX info

doug mckenty dougmck at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 19:12:04 PST 2018

I don’t think the membership does control the programming through dollars or anything else. The station lost half of its community funding between 2004-2006 because of a shift to NPR programming and away from locally produced radio. The loss of funds only caused KZYX to double down on NPR.

I think what happened at KZYX is a small number of NPR fanatics took control of the station and will not let go despite the obviously flawed business model. They are breaking literally nearly every by-law and past board directive to do so, as well as nearly running the station into the ground financially as NPR is not what many in this community want to hear.

Doug

Sent from my iPhone