[Kzyxtalk] Too much NPR

Scott Peterson scottmartinpeterson at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 24 10:43:16 PDT 2016

NPR and Corporation for Public Broadcasting appear to be joined at the hip.
Look at the Form 990s for CPB:

http://www.cpb.org/aboutcpb/financials
Open any of them and search for KZYX. Yeah. It's everywhere. Now look for Redwood Community Radio. Or KMUD.
They're doing just fine without CPB funding. Thank you very much:
http://theava.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/kmud_financial_history_160413.pdf
While KZYX / NPR is headed toward insolvency:
http://theava.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/kzyx_financial_history_160413.pdf
If three-year financial look-backs were available to the KZYX board of directors -- as mandated by policy -- this
could have been corrected long ago. But the Page-Madrigal-Hopmann cartel kept it under wraps. Insuring that
KZYX kept NPR. And Frank X. Gloeggler. Losing everything else. The shoe with you-know-what on it:
http://theava.com/archives/55075#6
This is the crux of the issue. Somehow we all got sidetracked by all the other BS.

As the host of Open Lines I heard it 1,000 times. "Too much NPR!"

Almost none of my friends are station members. Why?  "Too much NPR!"

When I was on the board of MCPC I thought I could do something to change this, and bring all these people back into the fold. That was when I found out that the pro-NPR contingent was going to great lengths to control the programming. Going as far as to ignore station policy designed to allow the membership control over the programming.

Then there was a bunch of financial shenanigans designed to cover up the fact that too much NPR programming was causing a fiscal disaster for the station.

So we got sidetracked trying to get the station to conform to policies that would allow the community to get all that NPR programming off the air and allow alternative views on the air.

But the crux of the issue: "Too much NPR, not enough alternative perspectives."

Do you agree?

Doug

Sent from my iPhone