[Kzyxtalk] [Fwd: Re: OFFLIST Re: Formal Challenge to Election of Programmer-Director]

Doug McKenty dougmck at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 11:13:13 PDT 2016

Tim,

You and anyone else in this community who care about KZYX should be helping those of us who have attempted to educate the board about the simple legal protocols involved in operating a membership non-profit.

After three years of trying, the board seems more interested in fighting those of us trying to help them than fixing the issue. They cannot even follow Roberts Rules of Order at their meetings.

After I went public with the myriad of issues including not following the bylaws or policies set by past boards, the board at least chose an election coordinator and started the CAB. This was a bare minimum and since then they have done next to nothing to address the real problems.

Now this guy Scott Peterson is looking into the workings of MCPC, which was bound to happen a some point. He is finding out all of the issues I warned the board about three years ago and is going public, again.

While many were upset when 5 members of the public went to the FCC, I told the board that the governance infractions were not the jurisdiction of that agency, the real threat will come when somebody decides to go to the CPB.  Then they will lose the funding the station has become dependent upon as community support for the station has continued to dwindle for the past decade.

If you care about the station, please petition the board to follow, or alter, the bylaws and policies outlined in its legal documents. If they continue to pretend this is not a serious issue, I fear the organization will not last much longer.

Doug

Sent from my iPhone