[Kzyxtalk] Interaction with Members

King Collins king at greenmac.com
Sat Apr 5 11:49:26 PDT 2014

In an off-list discussion, someone said:  "KZYX listeners don't give a rat's ass about anything other than what they like to hear on the radio, period. I know this and am surprised that you don't...nothing has ever changed and probably never will."

Dear ________, .... Martin Luther King would never say something so disparaging of the members of any group. A radical respects people. Woody Guthrie said he hated songs that put people down and he would never sing one. Or read Studs Terkel, or any of the real leaders. A radical gets to the root of things, of himself, of herself, and reflects back. We are everyman and everyman is good, unless you believe in sin and hell, which a radical does not. I see in the members a lot of good and even great individuals and there is no sense putting them down as a group. Or look at it this way. Some of us are trying to set up a mechanism by which members and listeners can talk directly to the board, and to accomplish that we wouldn't start by insulting the people we are trying to empower. Would we?....This has been a good year for democracy at KZYX, and it is getting more interesting.
-king
"Anybody can be redeemed. I've seen it." (Studs Terkel)

* * * *