[Kzyxtalk] Memo of the Air: Good Night Radio tonight!

Marco McClean memo at mcn.org
Fri Jul 26 15:59:35 PDT 2019

Memo of the Air: Good Night Radio, 9pm to 5am tonight (Friday, July 26)
on 107.7fm KNYO Fort Bragg (and 105.1fm KMEC Ukiah, and via KNYO.org),
live from 325 N. Franklin, next door to the Tip Top bar.

Deadline to email your writing to be read on the air tonight is 6pm or
so. If you're not done by then, send it whenever it's ready and I'll
read it next week. Or call and read it on the air yourself: 962-3022. Or
visit if you're in town tonight. I'll be there until five in the
morning. There's a whole trope of literature and film involving the
interesting feeling of just wandering on a whim into a real radio
station in the middle of the night. And it's a rarer thrill still than
in bygone times, because now radio stations have no-one there at night
or really ever. Most radio stations run on computerized automation
because that's cheap and completely under control, or if someone's there
he or she (and management, of course) is terrified of the world, the
place is locked up like a bunker and if you knock they're as likely to
call the cops on you as to peep through the peephole and shout /Whatta
you want! Go away!/

When I'm at KNYO, you just walk right in, head for the lighted room at
the back. Bring your fiddle or whatever. There's no pressure.

Let's see... Max the Piano Player developed a further previous
commitment, so he won't be there tonight as promised, but rather two
weeks from now on Nagasaki Day night. And that's the news.

Here are a few short educational video tidbits for while you wait for
tonight:

The Moon's Milk, claymation, narrated by Tom Waits.
https://theawesomer.com/the-moons-milk/533153/

/Safe and Sane Firework. Place On Ground. Light fuse. Get away. Use Only
Under Adult Supervision./
https://gfycat.com/partialbraveatlanticridleyturtle

And the genius is in the patience. This kid has what it takes. And what
/he/ took, whatever that is.
https://boingboing.net/2019/07/25/kid-evades-cop-by-hiding-in-tr.html

--
Marco McClean, memo at mcn.org, https://MemoOfTheAir.wordpress.com