[Kzyxtalk] Monorail!

Marco McClean memo at mcn.org
Sat Sep 24 19:45:25 PDT 2016

Monorail!

"Council meeting to consider placing traffic lights at the corner of
Slough of Despond Blvd and Vo-dodio-do Way. Bring your harrowing
accident stories. We need this. The children need this." -G.K. Chesterton

The recording of last night's (2016-09-23) KNYO and KMEC Memo of the
Air: Good Night Radio show is available to download and keep and skip
around in via http://MemoOfTheAir.wordpress.com

You can still get it that way if that's been working for you. But this
is the future and so there's another way. Hank Sims, publisher of Lost
Coast Outpost, offered to set me up with a podcast. I told him about the
complaints I'd been getting because of difficulties some people have
with downloading shows via MediaFire, which is visually busy with
flashing ads and numerous attractive-but-not-the-right-one download
buttons, and he said, no problem, he'd take care of it. I asked him what
he needed me to do to help, and the next email I got from him said,
basically, /You don't have to do anything but what you're already doing.
Just continue to send your shows to MediaFire as you've been and I'll
take it from there./ And half an hour later he wrote:

Now there is a Memo of the Air podcast feed here:
https://lostcoastoutpost.com/podcasts/memo-of-the-air/feed/

People who have podcast apps can plug that URL into their app, and they
can download Memo of the Air that way, if they so choose, unless they
use iTunes, in which case they can only get their podcasts through the
iTunes Store and not via a direct URL, and I’m not dealing with that,
because it’s too hard.

Also, there is a hidden page on the Outpost that contains direct links
to downloads of episodes. This could be easier for your people who have
trouble downloading from Mediafire. It’s here:
https://lostcoastoutpost.com/podcasts/memo-of-the-air/

So --sorry, Marco here again-- if you want to hear the show(s), and you
like the old way, continue as you were. Or get the podcast. Or if you
want to directly download a show (or click on a Play button and just
play it), try the direct way Hank offers.

I don't know what I did to deserve this jiffy service and I truly
appreciate it. Carry on, people, all watched over by machines of loving
grace programmed by generous, competent souls like Hank Sims, to whom my
hat is not only off but flung into the air and hanging for a flag atop
the gleaming radio antenna of a (figurative) heaven that fairly admits
all dogs, not just certificated service dogs. Even nervous ratlike
teacup dogs that in life rode everywhere in their smoky-voiced
mistresses' shoulder bag, including into the grocery store in the baby
seat of the cart. /That/ heaven.

Further, at http://MemoOfTheAir.wordpress.com you'll find links to
practically a telephone book of things to read and play with and learn
about, that wouldn't necessarily work via radio but that are nonetheless
worthwhile, that I found while putting radio shows together, and all of
it for free. Items such as:

A way to provide decent wi-fi anywhere there's electricity, even out the
ridge roads. Done. (Soon.)
http://newatlas.com/att-airgig-wi-fi/45549/

A song composed by artificial intelligence in the style of the Beatles.
http://boingboing.net/2016/09/20/a-song-composed-by-artificial.html

And a sad commentary on America. Woe betide you, huddled masses we
invited here to breathe free and/or dragged here in chains to pick
cotton, if we catch you out after dark in this neck of the woods.
http://misscellania.blogspot.com/2016/09/tweet-of-day_19.html

--
Marco McClean
memo at mcn.org