[Kzyxtalk] County pension fund should diversity investments

sako4 at comcast.net sako4 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 19 11:19:54 PST 2016

Hi Norman,

I'm going to need your support on this. You've got street cred. Getting MCERA to allocate even 1-2% of its portfolio to a community wealth fund will be an uphill battle.

Among our county leaders, you get it. We're at end-stage capitalism. The days of "earning" consistent double-digit returns based on extracting non-renewable natural resources, and based on exploiting labor, are gone.

I think Dan Hamberg and John McCowen both support the idea of a community wealth fund.

Can the BOS set the idea of a community wealth fund as its own agenda item, with the action being for the BOS to recommend to the Retirement Board that the Retirement Board research the idea with its investment adviser, Callan Associates?

-- John