[Kzyxtalk] Mendocino Street Talk

Doug McKenty dougmck at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 21:30:08 PDT 2016

I wrote the Board some time ago discussing the "Culture of Corruption" that had overtaken the station. I soon changed that to a "Culture of Complacency."

I appreciate that Scott is looking for a smoking gun. Some hidden policy that somehow replaced the policies that are shown to the public.

I don't know that it is that simple. I really think that somehow a few people just took control and the board did not have the gumption or desire to stand up to them. Like Norman said, it was just easier to meet less often and let the few take over.

I liken the station's culture to a dysfunctional family with a passive aggressive patriarch. Those who stand up to him get written out of the will. Everybody else just pretends like everything is normal.

Never underestimate the power of denial.

Doug

Sent from my iPhone