[Kzyxtalk] Aigner Redux

sako4 at comcast.net sako4 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 13 21:22:32 PDT 2015

Bottom line: KZYX does not need Aigner, nor does KZYX need any other person to step into Aigner's shoes as Program Director.

What do does KZYX need? We need a really competent chief engineer, and we need investments in infrastructure -- equipment and technology. We also need a studio in Ukiah.

As a footnote, and for the record,, Aigner did not step in "to help" -- don't make me laugh, BC. Aigner got paid $50,000 a year for going on years and years. True, Aigner's performance is undeniable during Pledge Drives -- but then again, Pledge Drives are when staff sings for their supper.

Footnote: Program decisions can -- and should -- be made by the station's 2,300 members via the PAC and CAB. Period. End of story.

Final footnote: To put Aigner's cost to KZYX perspective, at $50 a pop, KZYX has to attract 1,000 members every year just to support Aigner -- and KZYX has only 2,300 members.